May 19, 2014

Dressing people design101/85 Burda Pattern







It took some time to find the Burda pattern for my purple dress destined to the final #blaueblumen exhibition at Designtransfer. First I kept searching it from flea markets in Berlin and found last the Burda magazine copy from a second hand shop in Prenzlauerberg. It was a magazine of 1975. Unfortunately that magazine had no pattern sheet attached to it. I tried to read long and hard the German instructions only to understand they didn't mention all of the measurements for the pattern so I could draw it myself. I even tried to copy the tiny drawing still visible in bigger size but it was too complicated to understand how to make it without real measurements.

But luckily there is internet and in there I found Burdastyle and bought one Burda pattern.


This is how the chosen model look:









No comments:

Post a Comment