December 10, 2013

It´s Alive #design101 / 039 Prototype

I took first pics on Thursday afternoon.

Here is my prototype for my Wonderland Wintergarden. I ll try to find time to make Alice, White Rabbit and Madhatter character into my final garden not just a paper cut but little modeled characters.
But as for now this prototype shows already my garden idea and as well the lantern as the frame and space for my project that I had not before in my tool photos (merely just as a concept of space). Its pretty much made already in 1:1 size so I noticed it will be quite tight to fit all elements into the lantern.

Would be so cool to paint the chinese teapot with my own style. It was very cheap teapot, maybe just 4 euro from chinese shop. I tested to paint to the bottom of the teapot with porcelain colors but those colours are not covering the old paint so it would not work. I tried as well for the 1st test to cover the blue "made in china" text with white acryl color but that would make the surface look like painted and it would not anymore look natural shiny porcelain. Also paints have lot of harmful things and toxic for plants so I had to give up this idea. But I did get inspiration to find in the future some white porcelain cups from flea market and I will try also paint my own cups then.


making the prototype was fun and it didin´t took much time..but its winter so it got early dark.

Next day on Finnish independence day 6.12 it was snowing beautiful big snow flakes and I took some more day pictures of my little prototype.



No comments:

Post a Comment