December 2, 2013

My Diary #design101/017 golden ratio 13.11





Here is my #design101 notebook project 017 = 8,034(8)x13.

I made it according to golden ratio 1,618.



I learned on the way from others comments on Iversity platform that if I make the golden ratio just by folding the paper then I must make it not from the golden ratio size of a paper. So I calculated my paper size based on the golden ratio ending format 8x13 (4x8)x(2x13). My paper size was then 32x26.
then I just needed the cover for my notebook. I used paperbag

I realised I must cut my A3 poster to get the golden ratio ending size.
I used for this project as a paper A3 Loesje posters that I cut to the correct paper size and then folded into booklets with this instant book method. I gathered the separate little booklets into a notebook with a separate cover that closes with a pen. The idea of the notebook is that because its not binded notebook you can always add or remove pages based on your need.










I actually got idea because of this task to make a birthday gift for my dear friend who is active in Loesje. This gift was not made in Golden ratio because I wanted to give her a chance to use the A3 Loesje posters without cutting them. So I just made same kind of project to her without golden ratio. She has always a lot of those posters around and so she will always have new pages on her notebook. And if she want its still possible to stick some posters from her notebook to some wall on her way in the city. You can even give one poster out of your notebook easily.


2 different notebooks and pens


Something to remember:Design is relationships among parts.

“We do not imitate, but are a model to others,” said Pericles (the mastermind behind Athen’s Acropolis...).

No comments:

Post a Comment