April 23, 2014

079/101 Recycled voyage


First I made a new notebook for this Recycled Voyage project.
Its made out of different papers I have laying around at home.
Then I thought about what I do want and what I don´t want in my design project:
DO:
- to be able to finish something
- to use recycled material
- waterproof because its raining this time of the year
--> to make plastic fabric --> to give importance to recycled material
- final design has to be fast to make happen on the spot
- design has to be easy to carry and not too heavy as I love to hike long distances.
- to connect my work to environment but not hurt trees
- origami designs are interesting
- fold the fabric
- cover the ground and head i.e. good shelter
. I want to use ropes too
DO NOT:
- not make too complex design as there is not much time or skill yet for it.
- not cut the fabric (fabric should remain rectangular format. fabric should be possible to use several kind of ways and to improvise also on the location with the project about how to use it)
here is some sketches


I made some plastic and have to make more!

Here is some of my prototypes.
1st one was a bit too complicated to make in origami style in real size 1/1.
I think there is already enough work to make the big plastic cover and then find the location for my project.



No comments:

Post a Comment