April 20, 2014

Voyage into my room 101/43

I will try to update all of my design101 exercises here before the #blaueblumen exhibition that is next Friday 25.4 and Saturday 26.4 at Designtransfer in Berlin. My work will be also showed there and I am very happy about that.

This week this question about the space is very actual in my life. I have currently two houses and while we have been living since January in a bigger house we got it after all only for 4 months. Everyone wants to live in a big house so its much more difficult to get one nice one for a longer term. I have been happy about the balcony. Big house cost more and in the end I have noticed how I had used to live in a small place and now changing a room feels strange. Big house is full of corridors, between spaces and in my case unfunctional kitchen. So I already miss my little house. Luckily we still kept it as it was so cheap. Its compact and nice and all my furnitures are there still in their old places. We got the big house already furnished. Many antique furnitures.

So I ll have to give the keys back 26.4. Its gonna be very busy week while preparing the exhibition (still have not seen that space and will bring my project there on Monday) and moving my stuff to the little house. I have done most of these exercises of this "Voyage into my room" but had not published them. Here is something from the Monday letter:



Xaver de Maistre wrote “A Journey Around My Room” while
spending 42 days locked up in house arrest. 
A delightful little book on one’s own experience of being 
(design101 strongly suggested to read this one, in no more than two hours... + lots of online
versions of it for free).


This book looks very interesting, I had chance to read some of it already.

This voyage into my room makes me think also about last week when I had chance to visit Iweiwei exhibition at Martin-Gropius-Bau in Berlin. There was exhibited a room where I weiwei was kept in house arrest for 81 days. It was really horrible place. 






When I think about my room, the one I am gonna live again soon and will also visit today its a creative place. Not anything negative but full of joy and memories.

Floor:

There is black wooden floors with marks and traces of paint as once there was full carpet and when it was taken off it left some colourful marks still to be seen among the black colour.

Height:

The room is high and there is lots of space in vertical direction.

Bed:
There is wooden frames for 2 and on the top I have 2 layers of mattress so the bed is very comfortable. The final layer is double mattress and this was a big thing for us when we got "the mattress". Before that I was always complaining how I could not sleep well together with my boyfriend. Now its perfect.

My working desk:
Its a little corner near window where I have my desk and next to it a shelf where I can keep my design books. There is lavender growing on the windowsill and sometimes I ll open the window and smell the flowers.

There is so much to tell about my room maybe I ll continue to show things in my "Voyage into my room" exercises . Pictures tells more than words.








No comments:

Post a Comment