April 23, 2014

80/101 It´s Plastic!



This was a real toxic plastic experience. These are my notes from my notebook.
-Today I felt like a Dexter. I started by sorting out the different kind of plastic in piles. And then I looked my bed and the room and realised its looking the same as when Dexter is preparing his killing spot! I was more killing myself with all the toxic of the air while ironing. But I had definitely the same kind of crazy gaze in my eyes; I was so exited to do the plastic fabric.



-The process is everything.
Things I learned today by doing:
- Always save material to future projects. I was lucky that I had already collected plastic for many years!
- I made this kind of project 2010 when we had Alice in the Wonderland party in the teahouse. I made then a plastic Alice dress.
- you can make beautiful colour combinations with plastic.
- It was easy to measure everything with the "body ruler" (I used the most arm spans and steps.)
- Its possible to make visible folding path when you just iron a bit folded edge. This way is possible to make actually origamis from the plastic too. I made 3 foldings that will help me to build up my tent.
- the plastic project can be easily enlarged if I need bigger shelter.
- things could be even ironed to the inner side as a pocket , for example mini grip bag for holding stuff.




No comments:

Post a Comment