November 27, 2013

Making off Machete Eats! #design101 -Part 1



Here is my crazy making off pics of "Machete eats" and extra cool Rodriques stuff read on...



setting up my lemon squeezer, kinky


I started my #design101 Kitchen Stories week by planning the Wednesday 20th November around a movie night theme. When I usually have friends over we look some movies together with our beamer. We have a Asterix puzzle painting on the wall and we just remove it and its like an opening for the movie night.



We had seen Machete with some friends during the first #design101 week. But I really love Robert Rodriquez movies and I am also waiting to see soon the 2nd edition of Machete kills.

So I made the Machete movie poster  for the tool assignment. The name of the main character is Machete (knife) and so the name of the other actors become as well the other tools I need to make Guacamole. Its a concept design. Machete character is known that he always kills. I thought eating is the same thing, happening again and again.

All tools are showing in the pic except the lemon squeezer that happens to be under my shirt. Very hot guacamole indeed. You can see finally the lemon squeezer in my last pics when I even tried a black&white version with the tools. There you can as well see my design101 shirt in practice with knifes hanging on my shoulder. The rest of material of that shirt project became my new sexy machete shirt. When I made my shirt for the Friday 8th of November challenge the idea was that I could hang artistic tools on my shoulders and longer sleeves. Knifes are a bit more dangerous. Don´t try these things at home!!!








I will recommend you to see all of Robert Rodriquez movies and also the DVD extra specials. I learned last week from Robert Rodriquez how he makes the Puerco Pibil. Here is his 10 min cooking  school! He says: "You have to eat rest of your life, mind as well know how." Also in this tutor he gives a nice advice: Just practice your 3 favorite dish and learn to make them well. Cook them once a week or every other week and experiment and you get better at it.

Here are some of his movies:
Machete
Machete kills
Once upon a time in Mexico
Sin City
From Dusk Till Dawn


This is art!

No comments:

Post a Comment