November 28, 2013

My Diary #design101/015 Monday 11.11

I am a bit late for updating my material for My Diary week that was 11.11-17.11. I did all the notebook exercises but that week I had to act in a 70´s movie "Ruth" as an extra and all those film days were 12 h long and the set was in a smoky Burlesque club. So I made most of my homeworks just in the end of the week and was compeletely tired after all those smoky days. Did you happen to know how much people smoked on 70`s? I know now.

The letters from #design101 were inspiring as usual.

Did you know Nick Cave kept lot of notebooks?

Here is Nick Cave by his desk and also my messy desktop.



Did you know about his handwritten dictionary of words?
It’s filled with very strange things!



Futher inspiration: Ikko Tanaka. Not only is he one of Japan’s best contemporary graphic designers, but also Muji’s first art director.

If you want to learn more about him, here’s a nice article for you.

For example the following was said in that article of his exhibition In Front / Behind / Left / Right.
"While the essence of Japanese beauty lies in concepts of Wabi and Sabi (simplicity and passage of time), which are central in the work of Tanaka, Suki stands for his curiosity and joy in colour experimentation."

How did I got ready for my 3rd week of design101? I just wrote the weekplan to my diary. Then I went before sunset to pick some autumn leaves and last summer flowers and pressed them between a big dictionary.


I found some fairies wings but let them in the tree. Fairies will need them to fly somewhere more warm place.
I have added some comments later like color code for things that are not yet uploaded to Iversity. I cannot upload photos from my computer to Iversity and need to use my neighbors computer for that. So its a bit complicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment