November 28, 2013

My Diary #design101/016 Tuesday 12.11


I can learn so much from Martí Guixé and his wall clocks he made to Alessi.

24h sentence maker wall clock
A way to measure time with sentences. The different hours are words and the word IS is written in the middle of the clock. A new sentence every hour, 24 sentences a day.


and something that can be personal:


Blank wall clock
A wall clock with a pen: you can write, draw and erase it easily according to your perception of time and graphics.

taiji water painting


I have my own way actually to feel the time and learn to live in the present. Its taiji water painting. I have very simple canvas but I know how to do a canvas myself or use some alternative ways to do the water painting.



For example, I kept a workshop 2009 of this method in the Loesje summercamp that was then in Spain. We were painting standing in the river. Everyone had a pair who photographed the images that were created because the sun was hot and water dried very fast. Here is some pictures from the sea. I painted also there to the rocks with some friends.




#1st choose an image of a notebook you like very much. Why did you choose it?
What makes it special to you? What are the parameters you are working on?

# 2nd Then, go to a stationery shop (or more than one if you have
time). The one around the corner or the one a the shopping
mall. Check out various notebooks on sale. Which one could suit
you best? Why? What are your parameters of selection?

Important!
Here, the exercise is not to buy a notebook (nothing against
it, but it is not today’s task). The exercise is to analyze
different notebooks, clarifying in your mind your own
parameters of selection.

Take a picture of your favourite notebook.

Tip: have the notebook + lean background. Nothing else.
Upload your two images to the homework section in today’s unit
with a short caption.

notebook in Dussman but its not my favorite.

Here is the image I like from Richard Long´s landscapes.

My work has become a simple metaphor of life. A figure walking down his road, making his mark. It is an affirmation of my human scale and senses.

- Richard Long


Richard Long, A Line Made by Walking, 1967.

Why did you choose it? Its a picture of nature but also someone, human or animals have left mark on the grass by walking the same way several times. Its already a known path when it gets visible.

What makes it special to you?
Photograph is a stopped moment but this picture shows the permanent mark of all those moments that we cannot see. Its like a scar on the skin except scars comes from just one time. I have also scars and I know where I got those. Even if many has been taken that path in the picture nobody is showing in that picture. I also like the idea that when you have a skill in something its like a path that keeps visible because you walk on that path often. For example I remember I was able to climb the ropes very easily when I was just a kid. If I would have practiced it more I might still have strenght to do so. Active skills are like paths in the meadow that keeps visible.

What are the parameters you are working on?
I love to see a story in the photo. Something hidden and visible at the same time. The artist is documenting different nature environment and how things leave a mark. 


and here is the notebook I really like. I bought it last year from London. Its made by Magma for Laurence King . And there is beautiful illustrations of Camille Rousseau.

I like how this notebook is made.

here is my sketchbook and drawings about how the notebook is made.
Which one could suit you best? Why?
I like notebooks that have some idea behind. This notebook that fits me best is very inspirational. It has beautiful hand drawed pictures of different leaves in different seasons inside. Its also made very nice way. I would like to try the same binding method. I made some sketches about it.
What are your parameters of selection?
Funktional and beautiful.  Nature theme through all the design.

No comments:

Post a Comment